Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Technician supports individual retail and wholesale locations by troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance services pertaining to malfunctioning and broken convenience store equipment.
Prioritizes work schedule to minimize retail operation downtime based on daily work orders received via email, text, phone, and the automated dispatch system.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Inspects and fixes malfunctioning convenience store equipment which includes determining and rectifying the root cause by utilizing general departmental guidelines, personal knowledge, equipment manuals and other devices,
• Appends, resolves, and closes each service call through the dispatch system.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts utilizing inventory maintained in service vehicle.
• Utilizes warehouse and local store accounts to obtain parts as needed.
• Contacts Maintenance Dispatcher and Supervisor when problems require outside contractor assistance, is a re-occurring event, or parts needed that can’t be obtained locally and are required to be ordered.
• Provides troubleshooting help and analysis of equipment by inspecting and diagnosing possible causes. Notifies appropriate personnel regarding estimated time frame for repair. Consults with supervisor for major repairs.
• Follows up to ensure affected systems are still functional after previous repair or preventative maintenance was performed.
• Carries an emergency cell phone and responds to all calls within the dispatch system’s prescribed time frame.
• Prepares and completes a work order document for each dispatched call.
• Ensures all repairs are performed effectively and efficiently by accurately defining the issues, writing clear scopes of the work, and analyzing bids before implementing the final resolution.
• Performs other duties or tasks as it relates to the job that may be assigned.
• Performs routine store maintenance which includes painting and general repairs.